This is a great dish and it's very easy to prepare. Please do not use frozen shrimp, the best taste comes from fresh shrimp. Even those who think they can't cook can make this and impress their guests. (Hint)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups diced plum tomato (about 3/4 pound)
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) finely crumbled feta cheese
- 4 cups hot cooked linguine (about 8 ounces uncooked pasta)
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 350°. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oregano and the next 4 ingredients (oregano through garlic); sauté for 3 minutes. Spoon the shrimp mixture into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
Add wine to skillet; cook over low heat until reduced to 1/4 cup (about 3 minutes). Stir in tomato, and pour over the shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with cheese, and bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Serve mixture over pasta, and sprinkle with parsley.