To make sure the walnut pesto ingredients are evenly minced, stop the food processor halfway through processing, and scrape down the sides.
- 2 cups uncooked farfalle (bow tie pasta; about 6 ounces)
- 2 cups cubed cooked skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 curly leaf lettuce leaves
To prepare salad, cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain; rinse with cold water. Combine pasta, chicken, tomatoes, and olives in a large bowl.
To prepare walnut pesto, combine basil and next 6 ingredients (through garlic) in a food processor; pulse 6 times or until finely minced. Add pesto to pasta mixture, tossing gently to coat. Place 1 lettuce leaf on each of 4 plates; top each serving with salad mixture.