For a healthier alternative to traditional fried chicken, try this simple grilled dish.
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice (about 6 lemons)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh or 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 16 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 3 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
Place first 5 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken; seal bag. Chill 2 hours, turning occasionally.
Prepare grill or broiler.
Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken on grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray; cook 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is done.