A yummy and quick New England style chowder.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup thinly sliced leek
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups refrigerated diced potato with onion (such as Simply Potatoes)
- 2 cups frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (14-ounce) cans fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 pound bay scallops
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Melt the butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add leek and celery; sauté 2 minutes. Sprinkle with flour, stirring to coat.
Add potato and next 5 ingredients (potato through broth). Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook 6 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Add scallops, and cook 2 minutes or until scallops are done. Stir in half-and-half and parsley.