Quick, easy and really delicious. Make the mayonnaise-based aioli ahead, if you like. To crush the cornflakes, place them in a zip-top plastic bag, seal, and press with a rolling pin.
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 cups cornflakes, finely crushed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (6-ounce) halibut fillets
- Lemon wedges
To prepare aioli, combine first 4 ingredients, stirring well. To prepare fish, combine milk and egg white in a shallow dish, stirring well with a whisk. Combine cornflakes, flour, salt, and black pepper in a shallow dish.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Dip fish in milk mixture; dredge in cornflake mixture. Add fish to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve with mayonnaise mixture and lemon wedges.