This is a great dish for those who love artichoke hearts and mushrooms! It's a recipe that has sort of evolved over the course of a few different recipes I have made over the years. The white wine sauce is low in fat, but still very flavorful. (Serves 4)
- 4 large boneless chicken breasts (cut into large chunks)
- 6-8oz tomato basil feta cheese-crumbled (or plain feta if you cannot find the tomato basil, but be sure to add dried basil for flavoring)
- 1 can artichoke hearts (drained very well and coarsely chopped)
- 1 small can whole small black olives (drained very well)
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 plum tomatoes (seeded, and chopped and patted dry with paper towels)
- olive oil (2-4 tablespoons)
- fresh garlic (4-6 teaspoons)
- 1-2 cups good quality dry white wine (not "cooking" wine bought in the supermarket)
- 1-2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (if not using flavored feta)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8oz of cooked linguini (or other desired pasta)
Add 1-2 tablespoons olive oil to sauté pan. Over medium high heat, sauté 2-3 teaspoons garlic for one minute, add chicken pieces. Very lightly coat chicken pieces with dried rosemary-- sauté about 7 minutes or just until chicken is almost cooked through. Remove chicken from pan and keep warm. Wipe pan with paper towel.
In the same pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium high heat. Add 2-3 teaspoons garlic, sauté for one minute and add mushrooms. Cook mushrooms until just about tender. Drain the pan a bit as the mushrooms will produce some liquid, and add ½ cup of the wine, the chicken, the artichoke hearts, black olives and most of the crumbled feta (save a bit to top the plates), and a teaspoon of dried basil if using plain feta. Reduce heat to med/med low and stir frequently until the cheese melts into a light sauce and chicken is done -- about 5 minutes.
Add white wine a ¼ cup at a time until desired sauce thickness (the wine will reduce). Add the chopped plum tomatoes until heated through, and add salt and pepper to taste. Toss well with the cooked pasta. Transfer to 4 dinner plates, top with remaining feta cheese and serve immediately.