Serve this entrée in a bowl with toasted bread to soak up the flavorful broth.
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 (4-inch) portobello mushroom cap (about 5 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Asiago cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drain. Remove brown gills from underside of mushroom cap using a spoon; discard gills. Cut cap into thin slices. Cut slices in half crosswise.
Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add mushroom, onion, parsley, salt, and garlic; sauté for 4 minutes or until mushroom releases moisture, stirring frequently. Stir in broth, wine, and shrimp; bring to a boil. Add pasta, and cook 3 minutes or until shrimp are done, tossing to combine. Sprinkle with cheese and chives.