Perfect for brunch. This recipe makes two 9 inch quiches.
- 10 oz. fresh baby spinach
- 1 (8oz.) container sour cream
- 2 pie crusts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 12 oz. mushrooms, finely diced
- 2 cups finely diced ham
- 8 oz. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 eggs
- 1-1 ½ cups half and half
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 375°
Heat olive oil over medium-high heat and sauté onions until soft and translucent, stir in mushrooms; cook for 2 minutes or until soft; stir in ham, remove from heat.
In a large bowl, combine spinach, sour cream, and salt and pepper to taste. Divide in half and spread into 2 pie crusts. Top with ham and mushroom mixture.
Mix Monterey Jack and cheddar cheeses and sprinkle evenly over each pie. Whisk together the eggs, half and half, and salt and pepper and pour evenly over pies.
Place pies on baking sheet on middle shelf in preheated oven for 40 minutes or until browned.