Delicious quick appetizer.
- 2 lb large shrimp, peeled, leaving tail and first segment of shell
- intact, and deveined
- 10 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Lemon wedges
Pat shrimp dry. Cook garlic, red pepper flakes, and sea salt in oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until garlic is pale golden, 4 to 5 minutes. Increase heat to moderately high, then add shrimp and sauté, turning occasionally, until shrimp are just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice, then transfer to a serving bowl. Serve warm or at room temperature with lemon wedges.