Simple and delicious. Serve with plenty of crusty bread to soak up the broth.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 3 pounds mussels, scrubbed and debearded (about 60 mussels)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Heat olive oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add onion, and sauté for 4 minutes or until tender. Add wine, and bring to a simmer. Add mussels; cover and cook 5 minutes or until shells open. Remove from heat, and discard any unopened shells. Divide mussels and broth evenly among 4 shallow bowls; sprinkle with parsley and pepper.