Portobello mushrooms make a meaty and satisfying fajita filling. If you can't find queso fresco, crumbled feta cheese is a good substitute.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups (1/2-inch-thick) slices portobello mushrooms (about 8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup (1/4-inch-thick) green bell pepper strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 serrano chile, minced
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled queso fresco or feta cheese
- 3/4 cup hot tomato salsa
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; sauté 5 minutes or until almost tender. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Reduce heat to medium, and cook for 4 minutes or until bell pepper is crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro, lime juice, salt, black pepper, and chile.
Warm tortillas according to package directions. Spoon about 1/4 cup mushroom mixture down center of each tortilla; top each tortilla with 4 teaspoons cheese and 1 tablespoon salsa. Roll up.