Perfect for 2. Orzo pasta also works well.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup basmati rice
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Dash of sea salt
Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic; sauté 1 minute. Stir in rice; sauté 1 minute. Stir in broth and wine; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in cheese, parsley, pepper, and salt.