Serve this speedy sauté over angel hair pasta with a green salad and crusty bread.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds large sea scallops
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons preshredded fresh Parmesan cheese
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallops to pan, and cook 2 minutes on each side. Remove scallops from pan; keep warm. Add garlic to pan; cook 1 minute or until lightly browned. Drain and discard 1/2 cup liquid from tomatoes. Add tomatoes and remaining liquid to pan, crushing tomatoes slightly with a spoon; cook 2 minutes. Add wine and next 7 ingredients (through black pepper); bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 4 minutes.
Add scallops to pan; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with cheese.