Very easy and delicious recipe. For the chipotle peppers use more or less than called for here, depending on your tolerance for heat. A preheated pan is essential for good browning, so heat your pan while you prep the ingredients. Serve with rice.
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- cooking spray
- 1 1/2 pounds large sea scallops
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Sprinkle scallops with paprika and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Add scallops to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove from pan, and keep warm.
Add orange juice and chile to the pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil, and cook until reduced to 1/4 cup (about 1 minute). Add 1 tablespoon butter and 1/8 teaspoon salt, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Serve the sauce with scallops, and garnish with the onions.