Very quick and easy summer dish. Works great on the grill.
- 1 ½ tsp. blackened seasoning
- 4 (4 oz) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 lime, cut into quarters
Sprinkle seasoning on both sides of chicken. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add chicken to pan cook 1 minute or until seared. Reduce heat to medium; cook 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
Combine avocado, cilantro, jalapeno pepper, lime juice and salt. Squeeze one-quarter lime over each piece of chicken before serving. Serve with avocado mixture.