Purchase sushi-grade tuna from your local fish market. It should be firm, shiny, plump, and bright red with no fishy odor.
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 1/4 teaspoons prepared wasabi paste
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 (6-ounce) tuna steaks (about 3/4 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- Sliced green onions (optional)
Combine first 10 ingredients, stirring with a whisk.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle tuna with salt. Combine sesame seeds in a shallow dish. Dredge tuna in sesame seeds. Add tuna to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Garnish with green onions, if desired. Serve tuna with sauce.