You can substitute 3 pounds of skinned, boned chicken breast or pork tenderloin, cut into 1 inch cubes for the shrimp if preferred.
- 4 pounds large shrimp, peeled, deveined, and butterflied
- 1 cup thawed orange juice concentrate, undiluted
- 2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 jalapeños, seeded and chopped
- 4 red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Cooking spray
Combine first 9 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes. Remove shrimp from bag, reserving marinade. Thread the shrimp, bell pepper cubes, and lime wedges (if desired) onto 12 skewers. Prepare grill or broiler. Place skewers on grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray; cook 4 minutes on each side or until shrimp are done, basting frequently with the marinade.