This dish was created when I was trying to figure out some other use for a really spicy vodka we like--Inferno Vodka. It is also very good in Bloody Marys!
- 8 oz. fresh fettuccine (or linguine)
- 8 oz cooked smoked chicken (cut into strips or small pieces)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Inferno Vodka
- 1/4 hot pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 6-8 oz half and half
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
Place half and half, salt, vodka, stock and lemon juice in large skillet. Bring to a slow boil, and simmer for 3-5 minutes until slightly thickened (add pepper flakes and cooked chicken during the last 2 minutes of cooking). While sauce is simmering, in a large pot, bring water to a boil to cook the pasta. Drain pasta well.
Add the parmesan cheese to the simmering sauce, stir and season with freshly ground pepper. Serve over the pasta.