Serve this fiery dish over steamed rice, rice noodles, or linguine. This recipe easily doubles to serve more diners.
- 1/3 cup oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 1 (14-ounce) package reduced-fat firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound frozen peeled and deveined medium shrimp, thawed
- 2 cups thinly sliced shiitake mushrooms (about 4 ounces)
- 1 cup prechopped onion
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 5 cups)
Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl.
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add tofu. Cook 3 minutes or until lightly browned; set aside. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in pan; add shrimp. Cook 2 minutes on each side or just until opaque; set aside. Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in pan; add mushrooms, onion, ginger, and garlic. Cook 2 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, stirring frequently. Add asparagus; cook 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add sauce, tofu, and shrimp back to pan; cook 1 minute or until heated.