I love anything with coconut in it--these muffins are yummy.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons cream of coconut
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 cup flaked sweetened coconut, toasted
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
Preheat oven to 350°. To prepare muffins, lightly spoon 1 1/2 cups flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine 1 1/2 cups flour and next 5 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Make a well in center of mixture. Combine milk and next 7 ingredients (through egg white); stir well with a whisk. Add milk mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Fold in 1/4 cup coconut. Place 12 muffin cup liners in muffin cups; coat liners with cooking spray. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
To prepare topping, combine 1/4 cup coconut, 3 tablespoons flour, 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, and 1 tablespoon oil in a small bowl; stir with a fork until crumbly. Sprinkle topping evenly over batter. Bake at 350° for 23 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 15 minutes.