Another great pasta salad for the summer. This salad would work well with any small pasta if you do not like tortellini.
- 1 (9-ounce) package fresh cheese tortellini
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pepperoncini peppers
- 6 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) preshredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 (16-ounce) can navy beans
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. While pasta cooks, combine tomatoes, spinach, peppers, cheese, capers, basil, and beans in a large bowl. Drain pasta; rinse with cold water. Add pasta, juice, and oil to tomato mixture; toss gently. Serve immediately.