Quick and delicious weeknight meal.
- 1 (9-ounce) package fresh three-cheese tortellini
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
Cook tortellini according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. While tortellini cooks, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and red pepper; sauté 30 seconds.
Add tomatoes, broth, basil, salt, and baby spinach to pan; cook 2 minutes or until baby spinach wilts. Stir in tortellini; cook 1 minute.