- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 (16-ounce) cans fat-free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup Arborio rice or other short-grain rice
- 1/2 cup Champagne or white wine
- 2/3 cup (about 2-1/2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
Bring the first 3 ingredients to a simmer in a medium saucepan (do not boil). Keep warm over low heat.
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, and saut 3 minutes. Add rice; saut 2 minutes. Stir in Champagne; cook 1 minute or until the liquid is absorbed. Stir in 1 cup broth mixture; cook for 5 minutes or until liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining broth mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each portion of broth is absorbed before adding the next (about 25 minutes total). Stir in feta. Sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese.