Simple and easy to prepare. Serve over couscous or rice.
- 5 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast tenders
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 (16-ounce) can apricot halves in light syrup, undrained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10-ounce) package fresh spinach
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken evenly with pepper and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Place chicken and breadcrumbs in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal bag, and shake to coat. Add chicken to pan; cook 2 1/2 minutes on each side or until done. Drain apricots in a colander over a bowl; reserve 1/2 cup liquid. Add apricot halves and 1/2 cup reserved liquid to pan; cover and cook 3 minutes or until the chicken is done. Remove chicken mixture from pan; keep warm.
Wipe pan with a paper towel. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and spinach; cook 3 minutes or until the spinach is slightly wilted. Serve spinach with chicken and apricots.