Sun-dried tomatoes, shiitake mushrooms, and Marsala wine give this sauce a rich, robust flavor. While the sun-dried tomatoes are rehydrating, prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil (about 12)
- 4 (6-ounce) chicken thighs, skinned
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups quartered button mushrooms (about 4 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh shiitake mushroom caps (about 3 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/3 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 5 tablespoons Marsala wine, divided
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups hot cooked wide egg noodles (about 1 1/2 cups uncooked)
Combine boiling water and the sun-dried tomatoes in a bowl; let stand 15 minutes. Drain and chop.
Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and sauté 5 minutes, turning once. Remove chicken from pan.
Reduce heat to medium-low. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and mushrooms; sauté 2 minutes. Add thyme, garlic, and bay leaf; sauté for 30 seconds. Return chicken to pan. Add sun-dried tomatoes, broth, and 1/4 cup wine. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes, turning chicken once.
Add 1 tablespoon wine and half-and-half, and bring to a boil. Discard bay leaf. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve over noodles.