Perfect for any summer barbeque or with your favorite chili.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/3 cups fat-free buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- Cooking spray
Preheat oven to 425°. Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well. Combine buttermilk, butter, chiles, and egg in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moist. Fold in bacon. Pour batter into an 8-inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray.
Bake at 425° for 18 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack.