Delicious appetizer for 2. You can prepare the crab mixture and salsa a couple of hours before serving; refrigerate until you're ready to assemble the cocktails.
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 ounces lump crabmeat, shell pieces removed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped peeled mango
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
To prepare crab mixture, combine first 13 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add crabmeat; toss gently to coat. Cover and chill until ready to use.
To prepare salsa, combine pineapple, mango, bell pepper, and chives; cover and chill until ready to use.
Preheat oven to 350°.
To prepare chips, spread 1 tablespoon cheese into a 3-inch circle on a baking sheet. Repeat procedure with remaining 1 tablespoon cheese, leaving at least 2 inches between circles. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes or until cheese begins to brown. Remove pan from oven; carefully lift chips from pan with a spatula, and place on a wire rack. Cool completely.
Spoon 1/2 cup crab mixture into each of 2 martini glasses or small bowls; top each serving with 2 tablespoons salsa and 1 chip. Serve immediately.