The homemade corn chips can be made several days in advance; store them in a zip-top plastic bag to keep them crisp. It's best to make the crab salad the afternoon of the party.
- 6 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1 3/4 cups lump crabmeat, shell pieces removed (about 6 ounces)
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels
- Cilantro leaves (optional)
Preheat oven to 400°. Brush 1 side of each tortilla with oil; cut each tortilla into 8 wedges. Place the wedges on a large baking sheet; sprinkle with salt. Bake at 400° for 6 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
Combine the cream cheese and next 4 ingredients (cream cheese through seasoning) in a bowl. Add crab and corn; stir gently. Cover and chill for up to 4 hours. Serve with corn chips; garnish with cilantro leaves, if desired.