Great low fat alternative to regular Caesar dressing. Silken tofu gives this dressing its creamy texture and is a great substitute for the raw eggs that are often used in Caesar salads. Leftover dressing will keep in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 ounces firm silken tofu
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 12 cups torn romaine lettuce (about 2 hearts)
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
Combine first 6 ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth. With processor on, slowly pour oil through food chute; process until well blended. Pour tofu mixture into a small bowl; stir in parsley. Makes enough for 8 servings.
Combine romaine lettuce and tofu mixture in a large bowl, and toss to combine. Top each serving with about 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese.