Hummus is very simple to prepare and has a much better flavor than the store bought varieties. You can modify the ingredients below and add whatever you like in hummus - green olives, dill, carrots or plain with some lemon juice and garlic. This recipe makes about 3 cups of hummus. Serve with pita chips and carrot sticks.
- (1) 15 1/2 oz. Can of Chick Peas (rinsed and drained)
- 1/4 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 2 oz. Feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled)
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Put all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth or desired consistency.
Store in airtight container and refrigerate.