A nice twist on traditional stuffed manicotti, especially if you like spicy food!
- 8 manicotti shells
- 2 cooked chicken breast halves, diced
- 1 cup low fat ricotta cheese
- 1 scallion, sliced
- ½ cup pitted black olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeno peppers
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- ½ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 ½ cups hot tomato salsa
Preheat oven to 400. Grease 12-by-8 inch baking dish. Cook shells according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cooked chicken, ricotta, scallion, olives, jalapeno peppers, parsley, garlic and hot pepper sauce. Use a teaspoon to stuff the cooked shells with mixture. Place in baking dish, and top with shredded cheese and salsa. Bake 20 minutes, or until shells are hot and cheese has melted. Serve immediately.