Very easy meal to prepare and it's very flavorful. The ingredients listed below serve one person.
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 cups torn spinach
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 1 1/2 cups hot cooked penne (about 3/4 cup uncooked tube-shaped pasta)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Dash of salt
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated Asiago cheese
Heat a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, shallots, and garlic, and sauté 2 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Stir in spinach, basil, and vinegar, and cook 1 minute or until spinach wilts, stirring frequently. Add broth and olives; cook 15 seconds. Combine mushroom mixture, pasta, oil, pepper, and salt, tossing gently to coat. Spoon pasta mixture onto a plate; top with cheese.