Delicious and easy weeknight meal.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium vegetable broth (such as Swanson
- Certified Organic)
- 1/4 cup chopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomato halves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked polenta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- Cracked black pepper (optional)
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic to pan; sauté 1 minute or until golden. Stir in broth, tomatoes, cumin, and beans; bring to a simmer. Cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Add spinach, tossing to combine.
Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add polenta, butter, and salt; stir well with a whisk. Reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly. Spoon 3/4 cup polenta into each of 4 bowls; top each with 3/4 cup bean mixture. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons cheese over each serving; garnish with black pepper, if desired.