Prepare in the crock pot for another easy weeknight meal that is ready when you get home. Leftovers are great for sandwiches.
- 1 (2 ½ - 3 lb.) boneless pork shoulder roast or pork sirloin roast
- 1 (14 ½ oz.) can sauerkraut rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbsp. creamy Dijon mustard
- 1 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
Place sauerkraut and caraway seeds in 3 ½ - 4 quart slow cooker. Trim fat from meat and if necessary cut meat to fit into the slow cooker. Lightly sprinkle meat with salt and pepper. Spread mustard over the meat, and place the meat on top of the sauerkraut. Pour the beer over the meat.
Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 8-10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4-5 hours.