Perfect weeknight meal for 2. This recipe is served open-faced.
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced peeled baking potato, cooked
- 1 tablespoon http://donnafales.com/recipes/2005/05/20/
Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Heat a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and bell pepper; sauté 5 minutes. Pour egg mixture into pan; top with potato (do not stir). Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 8 minutes or until center is set.
Spread Classic Pesto over omelet. Loosen omelet with a spatula, and cut in half. Slide omelet halves onto plates.