Delicious summer salad. Using white balsamic vinegar maintains the salad dressing's pure golden color.
- 3 cups uncooked rotini (corkscrew pasta; about 8 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped yellow squash
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped zucchini
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Add squash and zucchini during the last minute of cooking. Drain pasta mixture; rinse under cold water.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add prosciutto; cook 5 minutes or until crisp, stirring frequently.
Combine the pasta mixture, prosciutto, onion, and cheese in a large bowl; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Combine white balsamic vinegar, olive oil, Dijon mustard, and rosemary in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add vinegar mixture to pasta mixture, tossing gently to coat.