This is a very tasty dish with many different flavors that blend together nicely. Believe it or not, the green olives go perfectly with the red grapes and the Marsala wine gives it just a bit more sweetness without being overpowering. I sometimes add fresh mushrooms and artichoke hearts to this dish for even more flavor.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (4-ounce) skinned, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (divided)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2/3 cup homemade chicken stock (or canned chicken broth)
- 1/3 cup sweet Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives, quartered
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 3 cups hot cooked angel hair pasta (about 6 ounces uncooked)
Place first 3 ingredients in a zip top plastic bag; add chicken. Seal and shake to coat.
Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; saute 2 minutes on each side. Remove from pan; keep warm.
Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, oregano, red pepper, and garlic; saute 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in stock or broth and Marsala wine; reduce heat, and simmer 1 minute. Add the chicken and olives; cover and simmer 10 minutes. Add the grapes; cover and simmer 10 minutes or until chicken is done. Serve over pasta.