This is delicious and also easy to prepare.
- 6 slices bacon, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup light cream
- ½ cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained well
- ½ pound spaghetti
- ½ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese, plus additional for topping
Cook bacon until browned and crisp, about 6-10 minutes. Transfer bacon with slotted spoon to paper towels and drain. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons fat from pan. Add shallots, garlic, salt and pepper to pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until shallots are softened and lightly browned. Add cream, tomatoes, and bacon and simmer until cream is slightly thickened, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water, then drain pasta well. Add pasta and Parmesan cheese to sauce and toss to coat pasta, adding enough reserved cooking water to thin sauce as desired. Top with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.