This is one of my favorites, and I always get requests for the recipe when I serve it. It's even better the next day.
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 5 cups chicken stock or broth
- 8 ounces frozen cheese tortellini
- 10 ounces fresh spinach
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (16-ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained and coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese (+ extra for topping)
In large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat and add garlic; cook for 2 minutes or until garlic is fragrant. Add the mushrooms and dried oregano and sauté until almost tender; add spinach and cook until spinach is slightly wilted.
Add the chicken stock, undrained tomatoes, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, add ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the frozen tortellini and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve topped with Parmesan cheese.