These sandwiches are delicious. You can make the chicken salad ahead, and place it in pita halves just before serving.
- 3/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken (about 6 ounces)
- 8 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 4 (6-inch) whole wheat pitas, cut in half
Combine first 4 ingredients, stirring well. Combine chicken and bacon in a medium bowl, stirring well. Drizzle yogurt mixture over chicken mixture; toss gently to coat. Spoon 1/2 cup chicken salad into each pita half. Top with lettuce and tomato.