This large, heaping burger might best be eaten with a knife and fork. The heat, tang, and crunch of pepperoncini peppers are welcome additions to the herb-filled burger. Look for jars of the peppers in the grocery store's pickle aisle. The creamy sauce tames the heat of the pepper.
- 1 1/2 cups quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup finely chopped seeded pickled pepperoncini peppers
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 pound lean ground round
- Cooking spray
- 5 (2-ounce) Kaiser rolls or hamburger buns
Prepare grill or broiler.
To prepare relish, combine tomatoes, 1 tablespoon mint, and 1 tablespoon juice; cover and chill until ready to serve.
To prepare sauce, place feta cheese and next 4 ingredients (through garlic) in a food processor, and process 2 minutes or until smooth, scraping sides. Cover and chill.
To prepare burgers, combine 1/2 cup mint and next 6 ingredients (through beef). Divide mixture into 5 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty. Place patties on a grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray; cook 5 minutes on each side or until done. Place 1 patty on bottom half of each bun; top with 1/4 cup relish. Drizzle each serving with about 2 tablespoons sauce; top with top halves of buns. Serve immediately.