A classic potato salad gets its unique flavor from bacon and a piquant vinaigrette.
- 2 pounds small red potatoes
- 6 tablespoons white wine vinegar, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 4 ounces turkey kielbasa, diced
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 3 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
Place potatoes in a saucepan, and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until tender. Drain; cool slightly. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; cut halves crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place potatoes in a large bowl; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons vinegar.
Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add onion and kielbasa to pan; cook 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Add 1/4cup vinegar, broth, and bacon. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute. Stir in caraway seeds, salt, and pepper.
Pour vinegar mixture over potato slices; toss gently. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.